Sunday, October 21, 2012

Obama ....we've come too far to turn back now ... But who needs to turn back when Romney can fix what's wrong.

The Obama campaign sensing that it's previous negative, personal attack advertising isn't resonating very well with voters on October 6th unveiled its new campaign theme about the economy with the "we've come too far to turn back now" missive.

My car stopped working the other day. All in all, even though I bought it used, it's a pretty good car and until now for just about the past 50,000 miles has gotten me where I wanted to be when I wanted to be there.

But the "service engine soon" light had been on for some time. Far, far longer than I really care to admit. I suppose I had my reasons for ignoring the warning for so long but in hindsight none of them were valid - I should have taken it to the garage.

So even though I'd like to go somewhere "forward"' I can't - at least not until the car is fixed.

Fortunately for me it finally stopped running just before the warranty was up.

The guys in the garage said the problem was a "piece of crap" alternator. 

They replaced the defective part with what they said was the best in the industry - solid, trustworthy and dependable - and promised that I wouldn't have anymore problems. 

After all, they said, it's still a pretty good car and got a lot of life in it. I've done business with those guys before and know that I can trust them.

My car, now repaired, is running fine once more. The "service engine soon" light's out too.

I don't think I'll ever ignore it again !

No comments: